Friday, June 06, 2008

Better than a puppy

OK, not really, but it's almost like having a puppy.

The first week that I wore that annoying knee immobilizer, I had a ton of people start casual conversations with me. Even after I moved away from it and on to my current knee brace (which is wearable underneath most of my clothes), people still chat me up about the knee and how I'm walking much better or much faster now.

The knee is getting better. I'd say I'm at 80%. There is no pain except when moving the knee in the wrong direction. Of course, that's been the case most of this entire time. It's still sore if I squat all of the way down and sometimes when I fully straighten the leg.

My physical therapist is this cute little lesbian with short hair. Why do they always have short hair? Bah!!! My orthopedic doctor is this really tall handsome dude. He's a cyclist and triathlete, and has obviously played a number of sports in his life. I was lucky to get him for my doctor as he seemed very knowledgeable about sports injuries AND he had worked with a number of female sports teams in the past...and he was super cute. I have follow up appointments with both of them, of course.

2 comments:

Tiresias said...

I think they all (many...) have short hair because they are tired of people seeing them as straight and want to look a bit different - much like you not liking 'dude' and making an issue of it of people not calling you that. I cannot be short of the mark BUT there are a lot of other lesbians around as well!

Kara said...

Actually, when I pointed out her short hair, I meant that she was fairly attractive, but I'm not really into the girls with short hair...but I wouldn't let hair stop me if I met the right girl.