Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Salience

I visited Dr. Gray’s office this morning to talk further about body contouring. After visiting with the other two plastic surgeons, I thought he was going to tell me the same thing…but he didn’t. In fact, he said he’d performed body contouring on several transgender patients, especially around the waist. It’s wild that many professional people in the San Francisco area handle the whole T thing quite well. I guess they have just been exposed to it enough to know that we’re just like everyone else out there.

In describing his method, he said he uses ultrasonics to break down the fat and small cannulas to remove it thru three small incisions – one in the belly button, the other 100mm below the belly button, and the third one a little lower than the small of the back.

We talked about the usual possible side effects with liposuction, such as bruising, swelling, unevenness, rippling, etc. He said I didn’t have as much on the stomach as he usually sees, but he still had something to work with. The dressings would stay on for a couple of days, and the compression pad would stay on for a couple of weeks.

So, the bill:

Doctor Fees                   $4000
Garments                   $  250
Operating Room Fees       $1260
Anesthesia                     Free
Total                                  $5510

Youch!  Even with last week’s very nice raise and bonus, this is still not really affordable with SRS on the horizon. So, I continue on with my diet. I’m on Day 3, and it royally sucks. It’s been nothing but small bowls of bran cereal, salads, veggies, a banana, and one veggie burger so far. Yum….right?

As I was leaving Dr. Gray’s office, though, there was this incredibly beautiful woman sitting in the waiting room. In fact, there was a beautiful woman in the waiting room while I was waiting who obviously was already in the other exam room. The one sitting in the waiting room as I left was gorgeous…and of course, I was extremely jealous. I think I am just going to move to the island of ugly women and be a camp counselor…..”this one time, at ugly-woman camp......”

No comments: