Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Twice, reminiscence

Six months ago, I spent a large portion of the day having Dr. O reshape my face. The time really seems to have flown by. Since I am at 6 months, I guess I should provide a little update…starting from the top, and working down.

The top of my head is still a bit tingly. The portion of my scalp nearest the hairline is probably around 95%, while I have a very small circle on the very top of my head that I can’t really feel anything. Between the front and that spot, it ranges in sensation. When I touch the top of my head, it still has that sorta sparkly sensation. It’s still similar to the feeling when the lidocaine is wearing off after a trip to the dentist. The scar along the hairline is basically this thin white line. I’m definitely going to need another hairline revision to bring the sides further forward, though. I asked Dr. O about the nerve loss with the revision at my three month checkup, and he said it was hit or miss. I’ll talk to him a little more next month during my visit. The hairline advancement gets a B+.

The forehead looks pretty decent…in fact, it looks great. There might be a very small ridge/bump/depression just over the right part of my nose, but it’s barely noticeable. Last week, though, I did see a lot of little tiny bumps directly over where Dr. O worked on my sinus cavity, but they’ve subsided this week. Perhaps it was just my skin reacting to something in that area, who knows. My eyebrows are fairly even and in the spot they should be in. So, the forehead gets an A.

The nose. Awww…the nose. Well, it’s still fairly stiff, especially at the lower end and tip area. The small bumps on the sides of the top portion are still there, and about the only thing they really affect is the way glasses sit on my nose. My nose still points slightly to my left. It also seems to drip, especially when I’m exposed to colder temperatures, although sometimes it just spontaneously starts dripping for no reason. The scars at the base of my nose are visible only upon close inspection. The upper lip looks great – it’s very full and feminine, much as it was before, but slightly fuller. The upper lip lift scar, though, is still fairly tight combined with the nose job. As for the shape of the nose itself, it has gotten better with time, but I still do not like the ski-jump profile shape. I wanted straight. I wanted just a regular transition of the nose into the forehead. I still have at least another 6 months to let the swelling go down before I pass my final judgment, but I’ll live with it for now. I’ll give the nose a C+ and hope it improves with time. The upper lip lift gets an A-, simply because it’s still tight (and has the slight scar).

One thing that I noticed between months 3-6 is that my bottom front teeth are actually numb. I really didn’t notice this until I started flossing around month 3-4 (it was just too hard to get the floss in my mouth before that). When I went between the bottom teeth with the floss, I found that I couldn’t really feel anything. I thought they might have been a little tingly, but they are basically still numb….well, the gum line is numb with very slight sensation.

The incision for the chin modifications is still tight as well, and, well….just plain annoying. My chin is also sore in some spots when I press down slightly. The soreness is particularly noticeable after electrolysis. The bumps on the sides of the jaw are still there, but have reduced a little with time. I haven’t really had any troubles with the jaw modification further back along the jaw line. So, the bumps and soreness are going to bring this down to a B.

The trachea shave scar is still visible, and kinda creates this line-dimple when I tilt my head down. There is still some scar tissue beneath the incision and the area down to the trachea. It has become a lot looser in time, but so has the skin under the jaw, it seems. I don’t know if it will recover and pull back up or not. Most likely, it won’t. Grade: B-, but I knew going in that this might happen, so the grade doesn’t really surprise me. It too, though, can get better with time.

This is also right at 2 years of Hormone Replacement Therapy for me. Two years. Wow. The hormones haven’t done as much as I was hoping for, but they have at least tried...and since I am 34 now, I guess they've done OK. The breasts are right at an A cup. My hips and ass are a lot spongier than before and have really filled out. Most portions of my body have definitely softened up. My body hair has gotten a little finer, but it’s still persistently there, unfortunately. My skin is softer, but I don’t think it has reacted quite as well as I was hoping for or have seen with others. Unfortunately, my waist and most of my muscle haven’t really done much in the way of feminizing. My muscles have gotten a little smaller, but they are still fairly big…to me. I do feel a general peace within myself, though, which has made the GID, although still present, much more tolerable.

No comments: