Monday, August 23, 2004

Senescence

The door handle on my car broke again this past week. A friend was able to repair it when it broke the first time a coupe of months ago, but I don’t think I can continually try to fix it. I need a new handle. My car is now 9 years old, and although it is that old, it’s still in fairly decent shape. However, it is also trying to fall apart. Right now, it’s all about the little things…the door handle, the visor anchor clip, the sun roof, the windshield wiper fluid tank sensor, and a few paint issues here and there. I don’t gun my engine too bad, so it seems to be running ok, except for a few squeaks here and there…but some of my friends tend to push it when I lend them my car. They don’t seem to realize that my car needs to last another 60,000 miles – in healthy condition.

So, not only has my car been getting older, but so have I. Time takes its toll. I try to fight back. I try to eat healthy – for both the body and the mind – which is my excuse for eating chocolate and ice cream on occasion.

Being T, though, does suck on some fronts…especially the aging one. I never had my youth as a girl, and so, I have definitely tried to hang on to what I have. I had FFS 6 months ago and filler injected into my nasolabial folds three months ago…in order to look female…and younger. The initial filler was only supposed to last a few months, and I could see it starting to decrease as the laugh lines became prominent again. So, I was off to the plastic surgeon again to have one of the wizards fill them in again…but this time with a different substance called Radiance. It’s supposed to last a bit longer…perhaps from 2-5 years. After lidocaine injections thru my mouth, he injected the Radiance in to the folds area between my mid-nose down to the lines even with the top of my mouth. He says they can’t go all the way down along the lines because the muscles used for smiling would interfere with the product working properly. I felt the filler being injected into my skin, but only slight pressure in the areas. As the lidocaine started wearing off, though, I noticed a slight soreness. It was also quite puffy and definitely red, with a slight bruise in one area where he injected.

The swelling has subsided tonight, but it’s still a touch sore. They said that it would feel weird for a few days, and that it would reduce slightly inside the first 2-4 months, but would remain there for a number of years.

No comments: