Sunday, February 01, 2009

Almost Super

It was a darn good game. Darn good. Too bad I was rooting for the Cards, though.

I mean, come on...I had to root for my ol' bud Kurt Warner. He took the Rams (when I was living in Missouri) all the way to a Super Bowl win back at the turn of the century. That, and the Cards were a great underdog team to root for. Larry Fitzgerald is a helluva receiver that plays very clean from what I have seen...something very rare in this day and age.

Anyway, the only good thing about the Steelers winning is I don't have to listen to all of the 49er fans telling me about their 5 Super Bowl wins and crap now that the Steelers have 6. Muahahaha.

So, I'm over at my friends place watching the game. At the time, there were four of us...the other three being "mostly lesbian" women. I say "mostly" since some of them have dated men in the past. It's surprising how many lesbian women are actually semi-OK with dating a guy.

Anyway, they started talking about the Margaret Cho show that they went to, and how she has a hot tranny friend. Supposedly Margaret is into FTM's and has one in her show.

So, is using the word "tranny" in a good sense OK to use by the queer community? It's shorter than using "transsexual" and broad like "transgender"...and they thought he was hot.

Hell, I have no idea. It seemed OK to me, especially since it was used in such a positive manner.

No comments: