Friday, September 26, 2003

Money, money, money - take....uh

...dang, where did I leave off?

I applied online for the Capitol One credit card last week. I’ve received a bunch of their applications in the mail, but I had just been saving them up. After seeing the Dr. O quote, I really need to concentrate on the finances. I got a letter back from them this week which said they were reviewing my credit and would notify me soon, but that my address did not match at least one of the credit agencies they had used. They listed the phone numbers of the agencies they had used. I called two of them, but it was only automated systems, and there was no way I could simply talk with an agent to correct the address. In fact, when I looked them up on the web, basically the only way to make contact was to buy one of their stupid reports and then challenge it. There has got to be a way to correct it, but right now, I just haven’t been able to find it. I’ll try to contact the agencies again, but I might have to turn to my bank to see if they can pull up my credit history, especially since they rejected me for the bank loan.

Office comments.

Mark has been pretty quiet on the battlefield lately. I haven’t seen him that much, and I think the HR comments from the coworker really spooked him. As I told someone who IM’ed me about Mark, he’s not really that bad, and I kinda looked forward to his slight affirmations. Mark and I get along great, it’s just friendly teasing. The reason Mark has made some of these comments is because he was on a different part of our work campus for a number of months, and thus, when he returned, saw more of the change in me than the daily dose my coworkers get. He's also a very smart and observant person. I get ponytail comments from other people as well, mainly because my ponytail looks like a rat’s nest. My hair is so curly and frizzy, that it just doesn’t look that good in a ponytail on a guy’s head. It’s as simple as that. I’d like to get it thermally reconditioned, thus making it straight, but I’m afraid that would draw too much undue attention.

Robi and I ate lunch together, and somehow got on the topic of Mark. It’s funny....her diagnosis came out almost right on the money as to what I wrote earlier about him living vicariously through others. I chuckled as she gave me the prognosis. We also talked about another guy who is divorced and a little older. She says that she gets an “odor” of need and desperation from him, but that I don’t see it because I’m not a woman. I told her I could see some of it (hell, I was the one who brought his situation up...I think I smell part of it).

Well, the guy that we were talking about sits fairly close to me, so we have a few conversations here and there. We were on the topic of football, and that I like two teams that aren’t in the Bay Area. He says “You’ve probably got a pair of boxers with Green Bay on the back and St. Louis on the front.”

I responded by saying, “I don’t wear boxers...well, except for the one I sleep in. TMI, right?”

He counters with “Just don’t tell me you have a thong!”

Luckily there were cubicle walls between us because I had the biggest grin on my face.

Finally, I went to work yesterday thinking I was giving part of a presentation on Friday. It was, in fact, yesterday. So, I chatted with the main presenter as to whether I should go home and change. Our short conversation ended with him saying, “Well, it might be best so that when bonuses come around they’ll say ‘I remember that guy - he wore a nice plaid shirt’ “ with the best sarcasm he could muster.

He was amused by his own comments, so while I was walking away, I said “Oh, they’ll remember me” in my best foreshadowing voice.

That crazy mutt.

I came home tonite to find Boobers at the front door with a ball, and after dropping off the mail on the kitchen table, I spotted two bright yellow spots on the carpet. This wouldn’t be that bad since I would just have my roomie clean it up...but guess what....it’s just me and Boobers this weekend. Grrrrrrrr. Since the spots weren’t that big and there was a blade of grass in one of them, I figured it was bile. Nice. Those things were a bitch to get out. Scooby kept trying to give me a kiss while I was scrubbing. Although I appreciate the affection, I’m not really into dog slobbers on my face.

No comments: