Monday, September 08, 2003

Stick it out

This past weekend seemed like a blur. I did the usual electrolysis, shopped for some dance shoes (I couldn’t find any appropriate dance clothes...but they looked pretty cool...if I was a girl...but I still need to project androgynous for the class), then went up to a TG Planning Committee meeting in the city. They decided to have brunch right near the Castro, which in my case made finding parking a living nightmare. I just wore a T shirt up there, and Cecilia noticed my breasts. She says with a smile on her face, “It’s getting bigger.”

I responded with “It??” as though she was about to talk to the hand.

“Stick your chest out!” was her next response...which I willingly did. She turned to JoAnne and sighed “Our Kara is turning into a woman.”

Cecilia...she’s a riot.

I then went home and walked around doing some errands while talking to Courtney on the phone. On my way home, I picked up an Oreo Cookie Milkshake. Those things rock!

I got up early Sunday morning to catch the pregame show on Fox. They seem like the best bunch to watch. After watching a quarter of the Rams getting beat up by the Giants and feeling depressed, I went for a run. Later on, I headed down to the TGSF ExCom meeting. There were a lot of differences of opinions discussed on a variety of topics, and I had to voice mine on several issues....as usual. :)

Afterward, Susan, Brooke, Kelly, and I went for some pizza down the street. I decided to go to the meeting in girl mode, but I only had the hair up and put a little lip gloss on. So, the darkness in the goatee area was my unfortunate giveaway. Brooke went in boy mode, and Kelly was in androg. Susan was just herself. Yeah, we got a lot of strange looks from the guys behind the counter, but who cares. They were at least fairly polite. Susan and Kelly split some weird funky ass pizza, while Brooke and I split a half artichoke hearts and garlic, half pepperoni and onion. I totally love artichokes on pizza, and had never tried it until moving out to the Bay Area. I tried getting my family to try the artichokes when I was at home one time, but that didn’t go so well. It’s kinda funny....I can remember my parents paying my sister and I (especially my sister) to eat (or try to eat) new foods. They’d usually offer a quarter. Now, here I was offering my Dad a quarter if he would at least try the artichoke hearts on a pizza. My Mom was at least willing to try it.

No comments: