Thursday, January 06, 2005

Enough with the boobs already

I visited with my therapist this afternoon and had the typical round of questions. SRS is next month and I asked her about what dose of hormones I should switch to after surgery. Because the body no longer has to fight testosterone, a lower dosage of estrogen is needed to maintain and continue the feminizing effect. Therefore, she’ll be dropping me from 5mg per day to 1.25 mg per day. She sent in the prescription today so I can take the new prescription with me for SRS. I also get to stop the dang spiro after SRS.

I also asked her if I needed to set up something with a GYN soon in case I needed a checkup immediately following my return. She says I should just stay in contact with the surgeon if things go awry.

I also told her that I talked to the surgeon’s office about breast implants and my concern about the incision around the nipple. I showed her my incision from the trachea shave and how half of it is good and the other half has a bit of a ridge. She said my incision looked great, but you know, I don’t want to see any incision of any type on my breast. She also said the incision under my chin was in an area with extra skin, but that one on my breast would be stretched out a bit more and would look OK. Still, I don’t want it there.

Lastly, I told her I had that tiny little voice in the back of my mind that was asking, “Are you absolutely sure you want to do this?” and “Will I regret this 20 years from now?”

SRS feels right, but I let her know that I still have that little voice that wants to make sure this is absolutely the right decision. The thing is, I’ll probably always have that little voice up until I do this.

No comments: