Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Bagels, anyone?

It looks like cottage cheese oozing out your vagina...or at least, that's what I'm told. It's also supposed to itch like the dickens.

Around 5 weeks after SRS, I noticed a little grayish-white gooey stuff on the end of the dilator when I was finished dilating. I thought it was just residual surgilube. I also noticed that the dilator wasn't sliding in as easy as it had in the past. I didn't notice any itching, though, simply because I don't really have any sensation inside the vagina so far.

At 5.5 weeks, I had a doctor's check-up and was told I had a small yeast infection. The doctor said to use some Monistat and it should clear up. All fine and dandy, right?

So, when I arrived in the feminine products area of the store (yes, I felt quite proud simply standing there), I bewilderingly stared at all the different types of products available to rid oneself of a yeast infection. There is Monistat 1, 3, and 7...along with all these different colors (which I assume indicate different products used along the same time period). I figured that if the Monistat 1 worked just as well as the 3 and 7, why not buy it since it got rid of it in less time, right?

So, I purchased #1. There is external cream and a sorta egg-shaped suppository...except it goes up the vagina with these cool little plunger and barrel accessories.

So, I tried it.

I talked to Janet from Dr. Meltzer’s yesterday (basically 6 weeks) and she suggested using the 3 or 7 day products since they provided better treatment. I’m going to use the 7 day product to make sure things have cleared up and store a box of the 3 day product at home just in case.

I've heard two different ways of applying the cream. One is to simply follow the directions of using a similar plunger/barrel to deposit the cream inside the vagina, or to dilate with the cream on the dilator (along with a little lube). Messy!

Anyway, things seem to be clearing up, and the dilator doesn’t seem to be sticking anymore.

No comments: