Saturday, April 16, 2005

Wow, your hair is getting long!

...my ex-roomie said as we were chatting this morning. She’s in town spending time with my current roomie, her boyfriend.

“Yeah, I guess it looks longer, but that’s what happens when I straighten my hair...everyone seems to think it looks longer.”

I straightened it Thursday night, and have been wearing a shower cap to prevent it from getting wet and going back to the curly frizzball hair.

So, I spent Friday morning at California Dreamin’ while presenting during one seminar for Transition in the Workplace. It went well with two other panelists and myself discussing some key aspects of our transitions, especially workplace stuff. Luckily, we’ve all maintained our current jobs.

Some key aspects: Try to be yourself way before going full time. This doesn’t necessarily mean the froo-froo stuff, but more of the psychological part. Be friendly and cheerful, converse with people, tell them about some of your hobbies or habits that might not necessarily be totally masculine. Let them see that you’re not some one dimensional male work drone. If you want to mix in the froo-froo stuff (painting your nails, tweezing your eyebrows, wearing feminine attire, piercing your ears, etc.), that’s fine, just be prepared when people notice them...and they will notice, but they might not mention it to your face. Some people are uncomfortable with the gender blurring, which could lead to some weird actions at work.

Also, try to be an indispensable worker. Make it hard for them to get rid of you if and when you come out or transition. If they realize that you are a valuable member of your team, they might look beyond the whole gender thing.

After the morning seminars, I called a friend to have lunch and possibly catch a movie.

“Wow, your hair is getting long,” she said when I walked in to her place.

“Yeah, I know. So is yours.”

Today, though, I was back down at Cal-Dreamin’ to see Dr. Meltzer for a check-up, and to possibly catch one or two seminars.

When I pulled up and got out of my car, I saw Dr. O and Mira entering the hotel right before me. As they meandered to the restaurant, I followed, then snuck up before asking them if they were lost. We said our hello’s, then they invited me to eat with them. “Sure, sounds good.” I still had an hour until my Dr. Meltzer appointment.

As we were eating and chatting, I spot Dr. Meltzer and Linda entering the restaurant right near us. I wave. They come over to our table and everyone starts chatting. Anyway, everyone eats and then I followed Dr. Meltzer and Linda back up to their room for the exam.

They normally have these cool black robes in the exam rooms, but this time it was these white paper robes that made me look like a samurai warrior. I put it on then laid back in the comfy chair in their room. I had already told Dr. Meltzer about the clitoral area, and he said he could treat it again with the silver nitrate. He did. It stung. Again! Luckily, it wasn’t quite as bad as the last time. I had off and on stinging pains the rest of this evening, though.

Let’s see, I also had questions as usual:

How soon can I start electrolysis again? You should be fine now.
I had a yeast infection two weeks ago and used Monistat to clear it up. (I guess that’s not really a question.) That usually clears things up.
I haven’t seen any type of invoice for the upcoming surgery this summer. Will they be sending that anytime soon? They should.
We also chatted a little more, just in general.

“Wow, you’re hair is getting long.”

(Ok...this is getting old.)

“It looks longer because I straightened it.”

“But it wasn’t all one length, was it?”

“It was...it just looks different when it’s curly.”

“Well, it looks good.”

"Thanks." :)

After that, I went back downstairs and chatted with some friends for a little longer. A lot of us Meltzer girls then attended his seminar. I wish he would talk more about the actual SRS procedure, show pictures of his work, and talk about a lot of the different details that you never really hear about. During the course of his presentation, though, he talked about body contour, and the transfer of that fat to other areas...including the hip.

When I previously talked to Carole about the transference of said waist fat to the buttocks/hip, she said it would just be reabsorbed by the body, and wasn’t really feasible.

After the presentation, we chatted again, especially since I had a few other questions. I told him I was interested in transferring the fat to the small little flat area on the side of my buttocks, just to give my hips a little rounder appearance. He said he might be able to do that, but the girls who came in looking for saddlebags would be very disappointed. I said I just wanted a little area taken care of that was flat.

I also asked him how long after the labiaplasty/body contour could I have breast augmentation. He said I could have it right away.

I also mentioned the smelly discharge I’ve noticed emanating from the clitoral area. It has also left that smell on my panty liners lately, so I assume I am still spotting some nasty stuff. I can’t even describe the smell, but if it is similar to what my friends have said about their vaginas smelling bad, this must be it. It took me quite a while to develop this fowl odor, but it looks like I am no longer a liar concerning my V-Day monologue.

No comments: