Thursday, December 11, 2003

6 Feet Amazon Women

The other day, Coworker Mike, not to be confused with Coworker Mark, is in a conversation which my sensitive little ears pick up:

“....I just hope she doesn’t have an Adam’s Apple.”

After he hung up, I pryingly asked, “Mike...are you dating someone with an Adam’s Apple?” I was smiling pretty big behind my cube wall. OK, yes, I provoked him...but I was just having a little fun.

Mike explains that he has a date with a 6ft woman in San Francisco and says that you just don’t see too many women that tall.

I provoked a little more, “Ahhh...Mike, if she has an Adam’s Apple you should go for it!”

“Uh....No”, quips Mike, “I don’t date transvestites or gender benders.”

OK, I stopped there, otherwise I might have started to incriminate myself too much by correcting him on her being a transsexual or something. It was all just light humor. As I'm typing this in here, I realize I should have said, "I know plenty of women over 6 feet tall" and just laughed.

Lately, I have had 2 full time TS tell me that life and myself will seriously change after going full time. Ally in LA, and Lauren, whom I met at the Cocoon House when I dropped off Corinne, both said that everything changes. Seriously, I can barely imagine life on the other side....and here I sit one month from tomorrow having a face to face with HR...my last hurdle to going full time, basically. Wow. I’ve lived for this my entire life. I wonder what will happen when I get there.

No comments: