Monday, December 01, 2003

Making it out alive

I’m back from visiting my family in the Midwest for Thanksgiving. ooooffff.

After the little Friday night spell, I was worried how we all were going to make it 2 more days until I flew back. We were able to throw a little more effort into completing her family room, as well as sitting down for some card games, in order to make it until I flew out yesterday.

Saturday, we went out for dinner, and afterward went to Lowe’s to pick up a few items to finish off her family room. As we were walking in, a guy walks up to me and shakes my hand. He’s an old high school friend. I barely recognized him as he first approached me. I told him I was surprised that he recognized me (I was in boy mode). He then said, “I guess we just don’t change that much.”

I said, “You’d be surprised” and kinda chuckled.

I flew in girl-mode again because I was meeting a T-friend in Dallas during my 1.5 hour layover there. I called Lauren when I reached the terminal, and we were able to meet up in Terminal A. We sat outside security and just talked. I was hoping we could grab a bite to eat as well, but there weren’t any restaurants outside of security, and Lauren couldn’t get past security since she didn’t have a boarding pass. This new security kinda sucks. Time went by fast, though, and I was headed back to the gate to jump on the plane back to San Francisco. Unfortunately, we sat on the tarmac in Dallas waiting for a landing spot back in San Francisco since they were having rainy weather. That wasn’t fun, especially with the tickle in my throat growing worse and worse.

Every time I’ve gone home lately, I seem to get sick. Last Thanksgiving I picked up a bug from my family that hit me hard the night before Thanksgiving leaving me an appetite-less heap of pathetic sorrow. This time, my nephew and mom were a little sick with a cold, and I think I picked it up. Sure enough, tonight, my throat is still sore. I fixed some soup and chicken tonight in the hopes of knocking it down before it gets much worse.

No comments: