Saturday, November 01, 2003

Out and about with Courtney

Saturday - November 1, 2003

Yesterday morning, Courtney and I caught breakfast at IHOP. She pigged out on her favorite, chocolate chip pancakes. I did the same, except with some blueberry waffles.

After that, I went to a make up class for the two dance classes I missed this week. Whew, it was hard catching up on the items I’d missed. Courtney caught the end of our class and watched me mess up a bunch. Oh well.

We chilled after that. Later, we started preparing for the night by getting our Halloween costumes on. Courtney was a sexy nurse and I was the vampiress, like I was last weekend. Hey, why spend that much money on a costume once, when I can wear it twice?

After sitting around forever, Brandon called to let us know that Vaniity and Sam wouldn’t be making it up since there were some problems with the costumes. Brandon said he was headed up, though. We met him at one of the exits along the freeway, then drove up to the city together. Brandon looked awesome with his vampire prosthetic since he looked like he was right out of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. We spent a few hours at Diva’s since it was too cold to hang out in the Castro. They had a costume contest which all three of us participated in. Court and Brandon made the final cut, with Brandon taking the overall prize. They definitely loved his outfit.

This morning, I went for a run with Boobers. My roomie is out of town, so I’m watching her until Monday. After the run, Courtney and I caught a quick lunch and decided to do a little sight seeing. We drove along Ocean Beach, past the Cliff House, through the Presidio, then across the Golden Gate Bridge. We decided to take a fun little picture similar to a popular one that had been on GenderPeace. We had purchased fun little sunglasses and brought along our blue Dr. O pens. We asked a guy to take a picture while we held up the pens in one hand and mobile phones up to our ears with the other hand, with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. After that, we drove up into the headlands and took a few more scenic pictures of the city and the bridge. (It was a GP gag.)

After that, we decided to waste a little time by going shopping and headed for Nordstrom Rack. As we were driving down Van Ness, we saw Tyler and Claire. What a coincidence. We yelled at them, but they didn’t hear us. I circled around, but we didn’t see them, so we just parked. I called up Claire as we were walking across Van Ness. I told her we were still at the bridge and wondered where they were. After finding out, we sneaked in and surprised them. Tyler was out looking for a new phone, and after finding one, we made our way to the Korean restaurant. Claire felt uncomfortable with a few of the people who she thought were staring at her, but they were harmless. We enjoyed some fabulous Korean BBQ, though.

No comments: