Sunday, December 05, 2004

Assholes

So, I had another busy Saturday, went running late into the evening, and decided that I didn’t want to spend another Saturday night at home. I’d heard a few acquaintances would be at Diva’s and that they were having a celebration of sorts, so I decided to jump in the shower and head out for the evening.

I arrived slightly before 11pm, which ensured that my entry was free...a slight bonus for being a girl. The celebration was for Cassandra, a local transsexual who was in a CSI episode on November 18th. I’d seen her before at AsiaSF, so I’d already known for a fact that she was quite stunning.

So, the first guy to start talking to me was a guy named Mike. He was an OK dude, and fairly respectful to me. We chatted for a while. The second guy to approach me was a little taller than me, dark hair, and slightly overweight. He wasn’t very attractive, and was very hesitant, to a degree. His hesitancy, though, led to a few surprising questions.

“You ever fucked a guy up the ass?”

“Uh...no.”

“Would you fuck me up the ass?”

“Uh...no. But if you ask around, I’m sure you could pay one of these lovely ladies to fuck you up the ass.”

“I don’t need to pay for it,” he said, and then stomped off. And they wonder why tranny chasers get such a bad rap.

The third guy asked if I wanted to play pool. I told him, “sure, why not,” although I did tell him on the way to the pool table that I wasn’t a working girl.

Cassandra was working behind the bar near the pool table on the almost empty fourth floor. Throughout the night we’d already heard a few tidbits about her being on the show, how she was selected at a little shindig the producers held at AsiaSF looking for dancers, and how they’d changed the lines on her from her initial script to the actual taping.

When I was home for the holidays, I found out my dad had a woman working for him who used to work on the X-Files when it taped in Canada. I, being a huge X-Files fan, asked my dad to ask her about David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. After spending an afternoon at my grandmother’s while my Dad finished work, he said she said, “David Duchovny was an asshole, and Gillian Anderson and her started out as roommates when the show began. But later, Gillian married one of the producers, developed a lot of insecurities, and then became an asshole.” Sounds like Hollywood turns one into an asshole.

So, I asked Cassandra if the actors that play Gil Grishom or Catherine Willows were assholes since she was in a scene with the two of them. Cassandra said that William Peterson was actually a really nice person, and was very close to the character he played. She also said that Marg Helgenberger was also pretty cool, as were most of the people that she dealt with from the show. Someone else commented that things are usually really comfortable on a set when the show is doing well and people are nicely paid.

When 2am rolled around, they started kicking us out. The dude who asked me to play pool (who I also found out was an HR director) asked me if he could call me sometime. I told him I wasn’t really into guys right now, but he was still very polite.

Well, it’s nice to know that not everyone is an asshole.

No comments: