Friday, December 31, 2004

Running in the Rain

It’s ironic. I spent the first day of this year running in the rain, and here on the last day of the year, I did the same thing.

It seems like we are definitely in the rainy season here in San Francisco as it has rained the past few days. As I took off for my run this afternoon, I knew that I would most likely get wet, even though it appeared we were between rain showers. San Francisco doesn’t get much rain after May or June, and since I didn’t start running again after surgery until around April, I really haven’t run in the rain much this year. Tonight, though, I definitely noticed one of the downsides to not having a brow ridge: large rain drops. They seem to hit more often and with a little more force now that there is less to shield my eyes from above. Oh well, I think I can live with a little rain in my eyes compared to living with male features.

So, although it rained on the first and last day, the year was still full of a lot of days with sunshine. There were some definite down periods, but there have been a lot of bright spots this past year. I already know that it’s going to rain again tomorrow, but I don’t mind. I know there will be a number of cold, rainy days to come, as well, but there will also be a lot of sunny days to follow.

Happy New Year!

No comments: