Sunday, December 12, 2004

One Month

...ago today, I had my second hairline advancement. Compared to the main FFS, this has been a walk in the park. Sure, there was the funky bumpy incision line, sutures, staples, bloody hair, and numbness, but it’s been so much easier. All of the swelling was basically gone inside a week, and the incision healed up fairly nicely. It was definitely tight and still is to a degree.

The numbness really sucks, though, especially since I had most of it back after FFS. I’ve felt the itching, the shooting pains, and the weird sensation that feels like things are kinda crawling around on top of my head...especially in the front temporal areas. Hopefully the numbness will heal up faster than last time since Dr. O didn’t cut all the way across my head, nor did he have it peeled down at all (whereas in the main FFS, he had the skin pulled down in order to work on the sinus cavity and forehead for a few hours).

Otherwise, it’s been a fairly easy recovery, although I’ve only exercised twice since the surgery. The fun part to this, though, has been watching people cringe when I tell them I was awake thru the whole surgery. That’s brought up a few stories of other people’s experience with their wisdom teeth. Ahhhh...the moments we all share.

No comments: