Thursday, December 23, 2004

Pre-SRS update

Two days ago, I received a call from Dr. Meltzer’s office. They were checking up to make sure things were OK.

I’m still going through the information packet they sent, initialing where I need to, and will send it back at the very end of this year. Why? Well, I’ll also be sending the payment for SRS when I send back the signed information. Since I don’t want this tax season to look totally suspicious (as though it doesn’t already), I figured I would put FFS on 2004 and SRS on 2005.

It could come back to haunt me though. You see, there is a magic income cutoff that separates the 15% federal tax rate from 25% tax rate. With my medical deductions for transition this year, I’ll be fairly close to that cutoff. Hopefully I’m not shy of it by a couple thousand dollars, which could have been added simply by paying for a portion of SRS a little earlier.

Anyway, the good news with the money situation is the nice credit card offer I received from my insurance company. They offered 1.9% APR for life on all purchases before January 31, 2005. I can't even get a loan with a percentage close to that. Since my SRS payment is due well before that date, I figured I’d place as much as possible on that card since I’m expecting a fairly large federal tax refund in 2005. When I looked online at the credit limit they provided, I almost bonked my head on the ceiling (even though I wouldn’t have been able to feel it). Let’s just say that there was enough credit to put all of the main SRS on it.

So, I’ve also been thinking about having breast augmentation during SRS. I’d like to have bigger boobs, but it would also be nice to have them naturally. Unfortunately, my “girls” haven’t grown much, if any, the past 6 months. Dr. Meltzer has performed quite a few BA’s, especially on T’s. After seeing another pair tonight, I’ve now seen two of his results up close. Although both of the examples I have seen had the areola incision, I’d still prefer to have either the armpit or bellybutton incision. I don’t believe that Dr. Meltzer performs the bellybutton incision, and he doesn’t prefer to do the armpit one, but there’s no way I would do the crease incision. Although the areola incision doesn’t look that bad, I can still see it, and I’d worry about losing nipple sensation.

During the phone call with Dr. Meltzer’s staff, I asked if there was any time available during my SRS to also have the breast augmentation performed. They checked and said that there was enough time to squeeze it in (no pun intended). They said they’d probably need to know about a month before the surgery, at the latest, so they could make all of the arrangements before surgery.

Today, though, I pondered whether or not to call Dr. Meltzer’s office to order my own sort of Christmas gifts. I didn’t, though. Perhaps I should wait to see if Santa leaves anything in my stocking first.

Otherwise....peace, goodwill, and a Coke (Pepsi, etc.) to everyone.

Merry Chrismahanukwanzakah!!!!

No comments: