Saturday, December 04, 2004

Fore!

Coworker Mark, L, and I were standing around late yesterday afternoon just kinda chatting before the weekend began. We were talking about the Survivor episode that ran the previous night. Mark commented about some of the women sitting around plucking each others eyebrows with their fingernails.

“That’s what girls do, Jeff,” I remarked.

L and Mark just stared at me.

“Jeff?”

Whoops. You see, Jeff and I were coworkers back in the Midwest. Mark reminds me a lot of Jeff, and I’ve even told Mark that. In fact, I’d commented to him a few years back that I was sorry if I ever called him Jeff.

I'd also just mentioned something about the show's host, Jeff Probst, so the name Jeff was fresh in my head.

Both of them, though, had a little fun with it. And of course, I found it amusing, as well, that I had used the wrong name. Mark even decides to quip, “I get a mulligan.”

No comments: