Thursday, December 09, 2004

What to do with old underwear?

So, I’ve been cleaning out a few items in my room and moving things around. I’m trying to simplify my life and possessions. Based on my roommate, I may be moving sometime soon...which, of course, is complicated by SRS on the horizon. Plus, I just have way too much stuff that I need to trash a bit of it.

Some of the stuff I have run across is stuff that dates back to when I was a kid. Unfortunately, a few of these items have my old name on them, and are no longer relevant. A lot of them are so old, though, that they weren’t even relevant before the name change. The hard part, though, is throwing them away.

What do you do with stuff that holds a lot of memories of your youth...a time when my mind wasn’t fully ravaged with gender dysphoria. It was a time of simplicity, a time of innocence, a time before I couldn’t see past the gender wall that slowly built up in my mind.

But now, I must decide on the things to keep and the things to throw away...which memories to hold on to, and which ones to let go.

No comments: