Sunday, September 14, 2003

Hot tubs

Another busy weekend. They just seem to fly by. I had electrolysis as usual, then went to the grocery store to pick up some fresh fruit. I made a simple fruit salad for a TS BBQ then headed up to the East Bay, leaving a slice of watermelon for Susan and Brooke. The BBQ was nice....and warm. Whew, I’m not usually in the East Bay, but it can definitely get warm over there in the summer. I didn’t go in girl mode because of the electrolysis and since I hadn’t been home since the night before. Amy was there, and looking very nice. I met her last month in one of her first nights out. She does quite well, and has put together a nice look. We also chatted for a while with Danielle, a TS that transitioned around 10 years ago at the age of 18. She’s a special case, though, since she was insensitive to the effects of testosterone. She looks like a girl, and has a girl’s voice since the wicked stuff has never worked it’s horrid ways.

Some of the older TS took a dip in the hot tube. I had nightmares later that night. Actually, they do ok, not the best, but ok. There were way too many floral pattern bathing suits out there though. And, of course, some of the recent SRS girls were sure to show that they no longer had anything down there.

I just cruised home after the BBQ. I think the pain killers take a little out of me on the weekends. The brain is just tired and doesn’t really want to do much.

I’d talked to Brooke about heading up to San Francisco today to visit a girl at the Cocoon House who just had surgery last week. So, Brooke stopped by my place as I was finishing getting ready. We grabbed some ice cream as a snack to hold us over until Paloma met up with us later for a late lunch. I picked up a teddy bear and filled the car up with some gas before heading up there.

Sarah met us at the door. She was up and moving around, although still swollen and definitely tired of having to breathe through her mouth with the nose packing still there. Rachel was already there, and Tyler showed up later. Paloma stopped by around 3:30 and Rachel, Paloma, Brooke, and I grabbed some lunch at Pasta Pomadoro in Noe Valley. It’s a nice little neighborhood. San Francisco is totally cool with transsexuals it feels like. We didn’t have any trouble at all, and everyone was quite polite in the restaurant.

Tyler and Sarah were still chatting when we got back. We spent a few more hours visiting, then I told her I would see her again tomorrow. We chatted a lot about GenderPeace, since a lot of us had met one another through it.

Brooke and I drove back, then I showed her some of the online stuff we had all talked about. She also complimented me on my rounding of features in the past year. It’s nice to hear compliments on how I have changed. It’s hard to see the small changes since I see myself every day, but I can feel that my body has changed over the past year. Hopefully it still has a ways to go.

No comments: