Sunday, September 07, 2003

Roomie

It was just me and Boobers this weekend. Yep, I was taking care of the dog again. My roomie moved to San Diego this weekend as she is heading back to school to work on her graduate degree. She took a chance on me by deciding to room with me in May last year. She had over 30 responses to her post on Craigs List looking for a roommate. She said she picked me since I was very honest in my letter to her. I told her about me being transgender and everything. She’s been great. It’s just me and her boyfriend until March. OK, now, don’t get any perverted thoughts. He still calls me “dude”, OK? Actually, she’ll be back quite often since he’s still my roomie and the airfare to San Diego isn’t that bad.

Speaking of flying, I just read a TS posting on Yahoo that Homeland Security had issued a warning:

The Department of Homeland Security warned Thursday that al-Qaida might launch attacks in the United States using tactics not employed here in the past, such as car bombs, men dressed as women to avoid scrutiny, and hijacking airliners in Mexico or Canada so they can be flown here to be slammed into American targets.

Great. I’m flying back to the Midwest next month and I’ll be doing it in girl mode, well, because, I need the practice in preparation for Full Time...and I like being me. My parents have admitted to me before that they were always worried about me being harassed since I had really dark facial hair, and might be seen as a terrorist. Now they have different reasons to worry, huh?

No comments: