Saturday, September 27, 2003

Whatchu lookin at?

Kelly and I arranged an education seminar in SF for today. We had about 9 people total for the legal presentation concerning transition and the review of AB196. There was a T that came in a little late who said she saw the event posted downstairs in the lobby of the LGBT Center, and decided to come up for the seminar.

After the event, I talked Amy and the girl from the UK, Stephanie, into doing a little shopping and grabbing a bite to eat. I finally found a nice little jacket at Nordstrom Rack, but still couldn’t find the purse I wanted. I think I am just going to get the one I saw last weekend at Macy’s with Brooke.

Anyway, we got dinner in the Castro at a nice little Italian place. I had my favorite, angel hair pasta with fresh tomatoes and garlic. Yep, I’m a real kiss-target after dinner.

Stephanie was in town to see Dr. O for a hairline revision. She’d had FFS about a year ago. She looked pretty decent...not a supermodel, but definitely femme. We talked a little about Dr. O and she said I looked a lot like her before FFS, and was at the same age when she started transition. She was pretty surprised earlier in the day when I told her I was still pre transition...that I was waiting for the official legal protection of AB196 in January. She seemed to like my transition schedule for going full time in early 2004 combined with FFS. I told her I was also looking at straightening my hair and finally getting my ears pierced.

Stephanie kept flirting with our waiter, even though she knew he had a boyfriend. Amy and Stephanie also noticed that we had people on both sides staring at us. I guess I wasn’t really paying attention since I was having a good conversation with them. After one guy kept staring over a lot, she motioned for one of the guys at his table to lean forward while she said “We’re transsexuals...are you ok with that??” It wasn’t the best way to handle that situation, but they kinda stopped staring.

Since I was watching Boobers this weekend, I had to take off after dinner. It was nice meeting her, though. She said she would be at the Cocoon House, so I told her I would try to stop by again.

No comments: