Monday, September 29, 2003

Muscles and Bits

Yesterday, I went to Ellen’s celebration service. I went in girl mode - black top, long black sweater jacket, jeans - and threw a little extra eye shadow on like I did for La Cage. Steven had organized a lot of stuff for the service to remember her, including all of the cast members in attendance getting up on stage to sing the number from the opening act. I sat there during the celebration going over the lines of the song, hoping I could remember them. Then I went over one of the late lines which went ‘muscles and tits”...whoa!!! We can’t say that with this crowd...although we probably could have. I reflected on my memories of Ellen from the play and listened to the stories being told.

When it came time for the finale, Steven called us up there. There were five of us total...Steven, Tammy, Vanessa, Michael, and myself. Steven was in total drag, Tammy and Vanessa looked great as usual, and Michael was in a black dress with black wig. We all got up there and Steven started the music. I audibled “muscles and bits...muscles and bits.” We moved around a little like we did with the play, but mainly I just kinda stood in one spot. At least I was out there more than Vanessa and Tammy, who kinda wanted to hide. Amazingly, we did pretty good with the song, considering we hadn’t sung it in 4 months. I was impressed that we all knew the lines still.
Vanessa, Tammy, Steven, Michael, and me.

No comments: