Sunday, May 29, 2005

Head shots

I didn’t like the passport picture that I received at the post office, so I decided to get another picture taken. I found one of those little photo shop labs and asked how much they charged. Remarkably, it was half the price the stupid post office charged...so I had two sets taken...in the hopes that at least one set would be OK. I figured that the picture will be on my passport for 10 years so why not have one that I like.

The guy was very helpful in taking my picture twice, and even asked if I wanted my freckles visible via different shades of lighting. I told him it didn’t matter.

After the photos developed, he looked at the pictures and said, “You look like Julie Roberts....especially around the mouth.”

He’s not the first to mention that. I find it amusing, and usually take it as a compliment. I’ve also had a few people say I look like Natalie Portman. I’m quite honored that a few people think I look like those two, but I’m just happy they don’t tell me I look like Han Solo or Chewbacca.

No comments: