Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Three months after SRS

OK, well, let’s see. I’m still dilating with #5 twice a day...when I get up in the morning and right before I go to bed. I still can’t feel much below the clitoris, between the labial incisions, and down to the lower incision line. The clitoris has healed up with it protruding about 6-7mm with a base diameter of about 6-7mm.

The incision lines have healed up pretty nicely. I can still see where they are, but they actually kinda blend in fairly well. I still think there are a few internal sutures around the area that cause little pains here and there as I try to get them to either loosen up or move around so they are no longer causing me any pain.

I installed a handheld showerhead a few weeks ago. It definitely makes it a lot easier to clean things down below. It took a while to find one that had a good shower spray variety, looked good, and was nicely priced.

I’m also trying to eat a little yogurt on a regular basis in the hopes that I never have a yeast infection again.

I didn’t mention this before surgery because I wanted to wait until afterward to see if it was something else, but in the weeks leading up to my SRS I felt really energetic. I went for a run about a week before surgery, and I felt very powerful. Yeah, the testosterone was really surging at that point since I was off the estrogen. I wondered if I was just getting back into some decent shape or if it was only the testosterone. Now that I’m back to running and can gauge the feeling I had on that run, I can definitely say how much testosterone actually affects ones athletic performance. When I went on hormones, it was a gradual loss of athletic prowess, but after experiencing that short time back on testosterone, I remember how strong I used to feel. Wow, what a difference.

And, oh yeah, I had sex.

OK, so this part is totally kinda gross...at least concerning SRS stuff.

My urethra has gradually grown much smaller in size than it was immediately following surgery. It now comes out in a very fine stream with a bit of velocity on it. It’s also aimed up fairly high. So, in order to try to get it aimed further down, I typically lean forward and try to arch my back a bit.
Initially, when I tried this, I would often look down to make sure that the stream was not causing any trouble. Unfortunately, when I did this, some of the stream would splash up and nail me in the face. Yeah, I know....GROSS!!!!

I now hold a little toilet paper in that area to prevent me from getting splashed as well as prevent any of it from getting on my clothes.

I have also noticed that if I dilate immediately before taking a dump, there is a lot of lube that comes out of my vagina. I figure the same muscles involved with pushing the stuff outta my butt also catch a little of what’s inside my vagina, and just take it along for the ride. Nice, huh?

Finally, I have possibly figured out why women laugh when they fart. Yes, one of the greatest riddles of mankind is now possibly solved. If I’m leaning back or just sitting regular, I’ve found that the air emanating from my rear often travels forward and ripples thru my labia. (I’ve also noticed a little of the same feeling if my labia are sorta stuck together when I start to pee.) Wow, does that feel good! It almost tickles. OK, yes, it’s kinda gross, but it feels pretty damn good....enough to get a smile out of me.

No comments: