Monday, January 21, 2008

Almost

Sigh.

It just seems like it happens all too often...it's that whole "second place" thing...again. The Packers almost made it to the Super Bowl, but lost in overtime. I was so looking forward to having a real team to root for in the big game.

I watched the game last night in a bar with a couple of lesbian friends...most of which were rooting for the Pack. The whole bar seemed to be filled with people rooting for the Packers, too. Sure, there were a couple of Giants fans, but every time something good happened for the Packers, there was a loud roar that swept through the facility. Perhaps people were rooting for Brett Favre similar to how everyone rooted for John Elway in the late 90's.

Anyway, not many mistakes were made during the game, only two turnovers...both by the Packers...with the one killer one happening at the end of the game to give the Giants the win.

Moral of the story: Don't give up your balls....well, unless you really want to, then it's OK.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comming from the west coast i would have been happy with at least one team not on the easten seaboard ! Maybe next year ?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sorry too. Found myself rooting for the Pack, too, and that's a rarity. Still, it's hard not to root for a quarterback that's older than me...

Judith B said...

We've got a good friend who recently moved back to Madison, WI with her boyfriend - perpetual fiance. Liz just ADORES Brett Favre, sends out goo-goo slide shows about him, continually talks about how she'd have his baby -- then, on the other hand, wonders why her boyfriend won't actually agree to get married. duh, honey,

I was surprised too, and we were rooting for the Pack too. We figured they had the best chance of beating the hated Pats... oh well.

Jessica Lyn said...

Hey now, plenty of people love the Pats, and yes I must admit even though I'm not a big football fan I'm still a Pats fan. I did, afterall, live in Mass for 5 years.

You must admit though that it would be nice to see them have a perfect season.

Kara said...

Actually, I think there are more people rooting against them having a perfect season than those rooting for them.

Anonymous said...

I honestly would like to see the Pats perfect season ruined. I hold nothing against the Pats but I would like to see someone else win for a change, especially the super bowl.

Jessica Lyn said...

Well it looks like you all got your wish... may I be the first to post that I am not a sore loser... so way to go Giants! It was a good game. The Manning family must be proud to have 2 sons play in 2 superbowls within 2 years.