Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Authentikate

I still see a lot of people searching around for Kate's old site: Authentikate. It looks like it is now out of order, even though Kate still seems to own the domain name.

I caught up and followed her diary in the year before I went full time, although I was already headed down the road when I first started reading it. Yes, she was a huge inspiration for what I eventually did, especially when comparing her time line to my own. I did a few things differently based on my own judgments and the results of some of her own actions. Luckily for me, though, I did not "feel like butt" the night of FFS, or I simply cannot remember feeling like butt, BUT, I went in expecting to, based on what she wrote. What made her diary excel above others at that time was she wrote so clearly about experiences many of us went through.

So, if anyone is still searching for her delicious diary, it can be found on archive.org in a vast array of pieces.

UPDATE 28 NOV 2009:
It appears that the archive.org version of Kate's old site is no longer available as well...so, those looking for any of her old reads will have to hope she posts them again some day.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the archives. i will be reading them for my free time.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for her diary for years, cannot help but wonder why she took the diary off the web. But, like yourself Kara, her diary was and still is a huge inspiration to me.

Jessica Lyn said...

Yes, I'd definitely agree with Carrie... both diaries have been huge inspirations in my life as well as countless others. Especially since I am at that same age right now as I am starting. I only hope I can achieve the same results as both you and Kate did... which is of course amazingly beautiful!

Please never hide or remove your diary. Thanks for being here for us.

Anne Barlow said...

Maybe she just wanted some privacy. Inspirational or not, perhaps she just reached a point where she didn't want the whole world knowing her business.

Jessica Lyn said...

Very true indeed Anne, but there are ways to not let people know who you are while still helping others.

I understand that Kate's website was alive and kicking for quite some time and all things must come to an end for some reasons or another; but if it wasn't for sites and blogs like these, some of us girls would probably not be girls, we'd still be trapped inside the our wrong bodies (the same for those FtoMs as well).

So again, Kara, Kate (and even Anne) and many others, thank you for your blogs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the link to Kate's archive. I count you and Kate as the two most inspirational blogs for my early transition.

I really can't thank you both enough for giving me the courage to become the woman I always knew myself to be.

-Zoe the roaming nurse

Anonymous said...

Kate took the website off because she was becoming too much of a celebrity and people were coming up to her on the street while on business and at other inappropriate times. She simply wanted to not be a "celebrity transsexual" and wanted to be a normal woman who could put the stresses of transition behind her. She is now enjoying her life and the relative peace these days.

Anonymous said...

hello from austria!

even 10 years after her diaryentries, im still thinking of her and her diary that gave me so much motivation!

:)