Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cotillion 2008

So, I'm at my hair stylist's yesterday morning getting my hair straightened for the Cotillion later that evening and she mentions Dr. Gray again. (Her and I both went to Dr. Gray for breast augmentation.) One of Dr. Gray's office staff has her hair done by the same stylist, and I guess she was in for an appointment the day before me. My stylist asks me who my surgeon was for my facial work...either for recommendations for facial surgeons or for hospitals that are cool with the whole transgender stuff. My stylist was even aware of the whole transgender lawsuit at Seton and knew that Dr. Gray was performing transgender operations at another hospital now.

Anyway, I told her about Dr. O, and that he was quite excellent with bone work.

My stylist is pretty awesome. She did my hair before I went fulltime, and when I told her what type of event I was going to, she told me about a former hair stylist she worked with that was a transsexual. Wow...that all seems so long ago.

Anyway, she was telling me a little about her son, and how he actually had to wrestle a number of girls in high school. That's just wild...girls wrestling. I guess he gained a bit of weight so that he wouldn't have to wrestle them so much in the lower weight classes.

OK, where was I..oh yeah, my hair. She trimmed and straightened it for the Cotillion last night. After having it styled, I went home and watched the Packers play. I almost had to turn off the TV after watching the first 5 minutes, but luckily they came back to stomp the Seahawks and move into the championship game this coming weekend. Woot!!! One win away from the Super Bowl!!!

After the game was over, I was off to the Cotillion. I chatted with a number of old friends, then met a number of new people as I made my way around recruiting for the Debutante and Guys Walk. I've actually met a lot of people doing this the past 3 years, and have a blast announcing names as they walk across the stage....especially when the crowd really gets into it and cheers for these people in possibly some of their first moments dressed up outside their own secure dwellings.

Lisa won Ms. Transgender San Francisco 2008. I ran against her way back in 2005, and was happy to see her finally pull out a win. She's a sweetheart and should have a great time in her role for the next year.

As the event drew to a close, I debated following the crowds off to a number of bars, but since it grew so late, I decided just to head home and get some sleep before attending practice the following morning. It was a fun time, but I do wish I would have had the energy to party it up until the wee hours of last night...and still make it to practice without bloodshot eyes.

2 comments:

Jessica Lyn said...

Looking good Kara! Cant wait for my turn.

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

you look very pretty, Kara. and I've got boob envy, I must admit!!!

Lorri