Sunday, July 20, 2003

At the movies

Whew, what a last few days. My electrologist was able to get me in on Wednesday night and Friday night. We spent 2 hours on the upper lip, then 4 hours Friday night. Needless to say, I was quite swollen on my upper lip after the Wednesday night session. I did ice and Motrin that night, then again in the morning before heading to work. My second session ever of electrolysis was across my upper lip on a school night with severe swelling the following day. I had to make up more lies. My coworker noticed it and gave me a kinda lost puppy look while pointing to his own upper lip. I told him I took an elbow while playing sports the previous day. Luckily, I did play sports the day before, but I didn’t take an elbow to my upper lip. Over time, I have found that people will accept about any excuse you give them...except the TS one.

So, this time I prepared a different excuse. Ummm...let’s see...uhh...”You’ll never believe this, but I was under my computer desk plugging in my dang camera and when I came back up, I banged my mouth....and believe it or not, I entirely missed my nose.” OK, well no one actually noticed my upper lip, so I didn’t have to use the excuse.

Friday night, though, wow! She worked from my lower lip down to my chin and stripped it all. I was severely swollen. Now, I already have a nice pouty look, but this was extreme. Ice, ice, ice and Motrin!!! Well, it was the weekend, but I was headed to a wedding on Saturday, and I really wanted to look decent. My chin has really slimmed down with the hormones over the past 11 months, which really helps with passing.

So, Saturday was the wedding, although it wasn’t your totally normal wedding. It was a transsexual wedding. I called Kathy the weekend before to see if she wanted to go, and she of course said yes. How many people ever get to go to a transsexual wedding? One bride wore a beautiful white dress, while the other bride wore a tux. They both looked absolutely radiant.

During the reception, I met 2 TS from Sacramento that were a riot. Sabrina and Diane were so hilarious and fun to chat with. They were a bright light amongst a lot of the darkness I see with the TG/TS community. So many TS get down and depressed, but these two were so full of life. I’m sure they have gone thru their spells as well, but that day they were able to simply be themselves. It’s amazing how I find myself doing that too. When I am forced to present totally as a guy, my attitude is just horrible, but when I am free to be me, I’m a much happier person. It’s also becoming harder and harder to present as that guy that I’m not, but I do it to keep my job. That may be different soon, though.

This morning has already been different as well. Have you ever wondered how events just seem to connect themselves? For example, my roomies are out of town, so I took their dog out for a walk. I was out at a local park and I see two guys kinda working out. I’ve seen them over the past 2 weeks or so. So, I’m out walking the dog and she takes this humongous dump. Good, I had a baggie along and cleaned it up, then threw the bag in the trash. Well, I gave the dog more food in her bowl last night cuz I wasn’t sure if she had been fed on Saturday, and down near the end of our walk, she takes another huge dump. Damn! So, being the earth-conscious person I am, I walk back to the doggie station and grab another bag to clean it up, then back to her landmine that she left. So, I’ve doubled back, but by doing so, I am now walking directly behind these two guys. One is telling the other one how to move and some posture tips....hey, whatever, ya know. Both of them look like they are pretty fit, especially the younger one, but even the older one is decent. So, here I am wondering if the younger one is like a 49er or something, maybe a football player, because I can just feel an aura coming off of them. Well, I am walking right behind them, but keeping the freaky dog at a safe distance (the dog gets whacked sometimes), and they get to their cars. Well, the older one turns around, and it’s Danny Glover. So cool. I know there are a bunch of actors and famous people out in this area, but I’d never really seen them. Supposedly, SF people do well with celebrities and don’t really bother them. Another funny thing is that I thought I remembered his birthday being around mine, and sure enough, when I got home and looked it up, his birthday is Tuesday just like mine. Maybe I’ll leave him a card or something. :)

After walking the dog (jeez, that sounds so perverted), I went for a nice run. When I got home and made myself the usual Chex bowl of cereal, I turned the ol’ boob tube on. They had the classic Star Trek on (yeah, I admit it, I’m a trekkie) and it was the episode where Cap’n Kirk and a woman switched bodies, but not to Jim’s liking. Oh, poor Jim, if only he were a transsexual he would be ok with it. I can remember watching this as a kid and so much wanting it to happen to me as well. I think that’s when I started putting all of the TS thing off as a fantasy, and not something I could actually achieve. I thought I was the only one out there, and well, since being a girl must be a fantasy straight out of a Star Trek episode, I tried being a guy in most of reality. Funny, though, they had the movie Junior on after Star Trek. It's about a man pregnant with a baby.

No comments: