Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Mark

Mark, my friend at work that always makes the good comments, had another one today. He’s had the “Where are you going with this?” comment about my hair, told me that “5’5” is pretty short for a guy...perfect for a girl”, and “You are a chick!” after I told him that I had never seen Caddyshack all the way thru.

Over the past 2 years I have been wearing long sleeve shirts or sweat shirts to work since my workplace in the SF Bay area doesn’t get that warm. So, Mark has made comments to me before about why I wear long sleeve shirts. I say they look professional. My immediate boss will occasionally wear what appears to be a pair of boxers and a T-shirt. So, when that question comes up about me wearing long sleeve button ups, I just want to respond “well, they look more professional than the pajamas you wore in to work today."

So, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to start wearing short sleeve button ups. So, a few days after wearing the short sleeve shirts, he stops by my cubicle and notices that my arms are shaved. He turns his head upwards and says “you shave your arms, you shave your legs, and you have long hair....hmmmmm” as he scratches his chin.

Yesterday he stops by my cubicle again and during a conversation, he brings up my hair again. He says “Where are you going with this?” This question again? So, I answered with a question. “Where do you think I am going?” He was about to say something when I kinda cut him off. Oh well, he’ll find out soon enough.....if he doesn’t already know.

No comments: