Tuesday, July 29, 2003

I'm not a horse.

In what seems like a weekly episode, Mark the coworker sneaked up on me in my cube and pretended to cut off my ponytail. I told him he’d be in big trouble if he did. Then came another of his interesting comments: “Why don’t you cut your hair and be a guy again?”

"Whoa," I thought, can you be more blunt. After the quick second he caught me off guard, I just laughed.

Speaking of being distracted, I brought up the lack-of-focus issue with my therapist yesterday. She suggested making work a haven, and try to stay focused. I’m trying. It’s just so damn hard to do. I’m trying to put in extra hours to get caught up, but the extra load over the past couple of months has made it hard. I’ll get through it, hopefully with my job intact. Speaking of the job, we have pay raises next week, and maybe bonuses later this year. Awesome. With a good performance review, it seems like it would be harder to fire me for non-TS issues. Yeah right.

No comments: