Saturday, August 02, 2003

Ups and downs

I was invited to a fundraiser event tonite for some of my old castmates from La Cage. They hosted a dinner and little live entertainment. Unfortunately, they sent late notice to me, so I wasn’t able to find anyone to go with me in time. I called Marina on my way over to Oakland to see what she was doing afterward, and she said to give her a call. I enjoyed the pasta, caught up with some old castmates (one of which was playing a Drag Queen that night who said I was doing wonderful with my transition), met some new very nice people, then drove over to SF. I called Marina, but no answer. So, I decided I would drive around SF for a while to see if Marina called back. Well, I figured I might as well hang out for a while, and headed over to Diva’s. It’s fairly safe for a TS there, and there are some incredible girls there.

Don’t ever go to Diva’s if you are feeling down because the girls in there are just incredible. The little Asian and Latina girls are just so femme from their hair, to their bodies, to some with very nice voices. And a lot of them are small...smaller than me, with very nice curves. When I first went in there a few years ago, they made me feel like a man in a dress. Now they make me feel like a grandma walking around in there. Sure, I do ok for one of the few white girls in there (no, I’m not a racist), but compared to the others, whew...I don’t even want to think about it. And of course, celebrating another year and seeing those girls, really drags me down a bit. I’ll never end up killing myself, but it’s insane to see how good those girls look at such a young age. The bad part is that some of them are already HIV positive.

No comments: