Sunday, August 17, 2003

I know the combination

I stopped by the Cocoon House again last week. Sarah was doing pretty good. She had the nose packing out, and the chin straps were off. She was obviously still swollen, but still, she was doing great. I dragged Marina along this time as she is about the biggest Dr. O fan there is. Rachel stopped by again as well, and we chatted a little more about the famous Dr. O.

Electrolysis went well this weekend. She cleared most of the lower goatee and started working into the cheeks. We’re getting there...slowly.

I stayed with Brooke overnight this weekend. It’s a lot easier staying there than driving home while still on the medication, and then driving back the following day. She was on her bike earlier in the week when she was hit by an SUV. She walked away from the accident, but this girl is one tough cookie. Since she was without a bike, she actually rode with me to electrolysis since she had the appointment after me. As she sat down into my car, she looked sore....something I have never seen with her before. This girl is super-human. She doesn’t take any pain killers for electrolysis, and says she can’t even feel it anymore. Wow. She felt pain while sitting down though. I wonder just how much it’s hurting her.

I went shopping after I was done getting zapped. I just hate buying girl stuff while in boy mode, though, since it is very hard to try the items on. The lines were just too long, and I didn’t feel like putting up with the stares and questions of seeing if they fit or not. I guessed on sizes. Those guesses turned out pretty good. Lucky me.

Brooke and I got lunch after her session. She porked out on ribs since she said she usually gets really really hungry any time she is injured. I don’t blame her...I have comfort food every week after electrolysis as a reward for getting thru the pain.

Happy HRT

Yesterday was one year HRT for me. Yeah! Looking at the measurements I have taken over the past year, the two biggest movers are my neck and hip measurements. My neck has gone down almost an inch, now sitting near 14.5”, and my hips are up an inch to around 36”. There is still a little boy fat hanging around the mid section, but I have never had a really super skinny waist...too much muscle. It’s now just under 30” after starting at 31”.

You win some, you lose some.

My parents and sister did pretty good with my news when I first came out. They told me they loved me and that they would be there for me. Sure, some are dragging their feet still, but they haven’t threatened me, nor have they treated me bad.

My friend Courtney on the East Coast sent her parents and grandmother her coming out letter last weekend. They received it most likely on Monday. Her grandmother called her shortly thereafter. Her parents didn’t even call until the end of the week, and they basically have given her an ultimatum...go back to being a boy, or they are ditching her. How inhumane! Courtney’s ex-gf’s family has been very supportive though, which is a super bonus for Courtney. I feel so sorry for her situation. I can’t believe someone’s parents would actually state something like that, but I hope they will change their mind over time. Parents are supposed to be loving and supportive of their children, no matter what. I know having your son or daughter come out as being a TS is very hard, but still, it would be nice if they showed some compassion. It’s tough enough coming out to the ones you love...and telling them who you really are.

No comments: