Monday, August 04, 2003

It's a small world after all...

When I was 6 and in first grade, I was in a school play along with the rest of my classmates. I wore this little globe and came out spinning around while my classmates sang “It’s a small world.” The entire audience was laughing at me. How devastating, huh? Yeah, I can still remember it, but you know, I really don’t remember it phasing me. I think I had some of the “you don’t know what your missing” attitude going then. If my arms weren’t inside the globe, they would have talked to the hand. When they were done with the song, I read a little poem that I had memorized. I wish I remembered it.

This past weekend at electrolysis, there was a guy before me. Yeah, a guy. He was having a little work done down below....I guess to make it a little easier for the ladies to do their thing. Hey, whatever, ya know. He was taking a look at some of the TS activity pics on the hall wall, and he seemed pretty ok with transsexuals. I showed him a pic of me, and he said I did pretty good. While he was waiting on his cab, we talked a little. Funny thing...we actually knew some of the same people. I could tell he was a little embarrassed all of a sudden as thoughts ran thru his head of word getting out on what he was doing. I calmed him down by telling him this would be our little secret. Well, close enough....don’t tell anyone, OK?

When I was headed to Diva’s Saturday night, I could only find a parking spot about a mile away. OK, it wasn’t that far. So, here I am checking my lipstick in the mirror and I see a coworker walking down the sidewalk with two other people. I hate those “holy shit” feelings. Anyway, I just hid partially, while trying to stay calm. He was just talking with his friends, though, so they never even saw me. For such a big city, you’d think I would never have this trouble.

No comments: