Sunday, August 24, 2003

Food and football

I had another 4 hours of electrolysis this weekend. We took out most of the cheeks which is really starting to take out most of the shadow. Unfortunately, I also look like a chipmunk.

I went with Brooke and Susan to a TS picnic yesterday in San Jose. Supposedly the BBQ has become an annual event, sort of a homecoming, for a lot of the TS in the South Bay area. Unfortunately, Brooke and I were clearly the youngest ones there. Some of the usual freakies showed up, but a lot of the nice regulars were there as well. From the TS that were there, I thought only one passed as a GG, the rest had just transitioned too late in the ball game or had done too many surgeries that they no longer looked natural. Being TS isn’t easy, and I realize that no matter what age people transition, we’re all being true to ourselves.

Brooke and I briefly chatted with the one we both thought passed very well as a woman. She was 5’6”, just one inch taller than me. “Did the lower height have anything to do with her passing,” I thought...I’m sure it did to a degree. She also had a Latina face, which in my book, helps severely with passing. Brooke is kinda tall. Well, she’s very tall. I can tell that she worries about passing and still being so tall. The one thing she really has going for her with her height, though, is that she is really skinny. She’s close to 10 inches taller than me, but only weighs like 20-some pounds more than me. I think she’ll do fine.

Anyway, the Latina TS said that she recently had people at work making allegations that she was really a man (since she was obviously stealth at work). She said they made comments like ‘she had man-hands’ or ‘her voice was lower’, but I really never would have thought she was TS if I had met her outside the TS community. In fact, I didn’t even think she was TS at the BBQ until she basically told us.

I talked with Courtney quite a bit this weekend. We chatted about bits and pieces of everything in a two and a half hour call yesterday. I could tell she was feeling a little lonely again. I get the same way sometimes, but I stay busy enough most of the time that I usually don’t find myself that lonely. Also, I have roommates, so that’s usually enough human interaction for me outside of work.

Tight Ends.

Today, I have been a total slacker. I haven’t even showered since Friday morning....ewwwww! I’m about to go for a run, but I kinda want to wash off a bit before I go, even though I know I will be sweating out there. I guess I did participate in a fantasy football draft this morning. I conference called into my old friends in the Midwest and drafted a decent team. I picked up some of my favorite players, but wasn’t able to get most of the people I had last year since they turned out pretty good. I got second place last year, losing the top spot in the last two weeks. OK, yeah, I like to watch football. I am a huge NFL fan. Now, you might say....Eeeewwww!...That’s for guys!!!...but there are plenty of women who like to watch football as well. Stephanie, a good friend of mine in the unlucky city of Detroit watches football and totally dug playing fantasy football last year. And my sister is a huge college football fan. I can’t go home in the winter without hearing how her team is doing.

So, yes, women do watch football. :P Tttthhhhbbbtttt!!!!

No comments: