Monday, February 16, 2004

Dodging raindrops

I went running between the rain showers this morning. After that, I ate a small bowl of cereal in front of the computer while listening to the TV. Ricki Lake was on with one of those ‘Look at Me Now’ episodes. And as you might guess, they had a transsexual on there who surprised an old friend from high school. Suffice it to say, she was able to recognize her friend right away. The TS wasn’t your normal Jerry Springer type. This one kept it mainly real.

I don’t know how much people will be able to recognize me after surgery, but I’m sure they will still be able to. Once people know to look for me as a girl, they do pretty good in picking me out, but otherwise, I don’t think they would recognize me.

I was hoping to catch a sunset and a sunrise before surgery, but with the current weather lately, I don’t think that is going to happen. Well, surgery rapidly approaches. Surprisingly, I don’t feel that nervous yet. I’m sure it will hit me the morning of surgery. I’m also a little excited, but just like being nervous, I’m doing ok. I think there are still a lot of things that I need to get done, that I’m worried more about them than the actual surgery. I know that sounds so funny, but that’s the way it is.

Although I have been full time for a few days now, this surgery does mean quite a bit. It means hopefully not having the anxiety of wondering if people will see me as a woman or not when they first meet me. Sure, I still need to perfect the voice for interacting with people, but just walking down the street, no one should be able to tell...or that’s my goal at least.

My spirits will probably be down severely while dealing with the pain from the surgery, but hopefully I won't act/be/seem like a total bitch.

Anyway, this is my last post for now. I’m sure I’ll be filling in a few posts later from hand written entries in my journal, but don’t look for anything soon.

No comments: