Sunday, February 08, 2004

My last week as a man

My last week as a man.

I never thought I would finally write those words. Wow. It’s all still sinking in for me. To finally stand on the verge of fulfilling my life’s dream...to be me...is just incredible. I’ve never had something of this magnitude finally come together for me.

This Friday is Friday the 13th, so would it not be fitting to have it be my last day as a guy, and to have February 14th be my first day as a girl? Valentine’s Day...a new beginning?

With last week being fairly rough, I basically crashed this weekend. This morning I had brunch with Claire, Amy, and Ally visiting from LA. I talked them into diner food. Speaking of food, I have been craving hot and spicy food all week long. I tried ordering some spicy buffalo chicken thingies for Susan and I last night, but they weren’t that hot. Then I picked up some jalepeno poppers at JITB, but they weren’t that hot either. At the TGSF meeting this afternoon, Brooke and I ran into the grocery store before the meeting to see what I could find that was spicy, but there wasn’t much, so I improvised. It didn’t satisfy my craving either. All week long I’ve also been craving Hot and Sour soup, so Brooke and I had Chinese food after the meeting. I also ordered a spicy plate of chicken, but it seemed tame compared to what I’ve had before. I had Brooke try it just to make sure I wasn’t going numb, and she agreed that it was far from being spicy. This morning, Ally joked that I was pregnant when she heard of my hot and spicy cravings lately. Hah! I wish.

Today is my 12,254th day alive. After today, I only have 5 of them left as a guy. I guess I should count them down.

T-minus Day 6.

No comments: