Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Practicing for FFS?

My electro was able to squeeze in 1.5 hours on me tonite. Unfortunately for me, I forgot my pain killers, so it was back to the old days of feeling every little ounce of pain. It’s ok, I grabbed some comfort food on the way home.

It reminds me, on Saturday, my electro had her hand on my one good nostril (a deviated septum prevents me from breathing that well through the other nostril), so I turned my head a little to take the pressure off my nose. Soon, her hand was on my nose again, so I turned a little more. Again, her hand found my nose, so I said, “Yo, your hand is squeezing my one good nostril to breathe through!”

She chuckled and says, “Oh, I thought your nose was a hand rest.”

Yes or No?

I was filling out a visit survey for Kaiser recently...one that was addressed to Kara since my therapist recently changed my name in the system, along with the M to an F. So, down at the bottom of the survey it asks: “Do you have a physician or nurse practioner whom you see for most of your gynecological care?” Hmmm....they didn’t have a Not Applicable answer, so I just filled out the No box. That one will be a new one for me next year.

What are the odds?

I picked up Claire and Amy in the city, then drove them back to my place. We needed to drop by the grocery store, so I picked the one closest to where I live. I was in half girl mode since I hadn’t put my makeup on yet, but I still had the hair and clothes looking girlish, to a degree. As we drove there, I told Claire and Amy that “there was only one co-worker that I knew of that lived close to me, and the odds of running into him where pretty small.”

So, we’re in the store when I see a former co-worker walk in the front door. Great! So, I head toward the check-out aisles to get out of there before she recognizes me. As soon as I get there, I spot a current co-worker and turn tail again. Doh! Me and my stupid mouth. I handed off my stuff to Claire then boogied to my car where I sat until Claire and Amy came out. Whew! Well, I have less than 3 days until the company letter goes out, but I just didn’t want some bad rumors going around before it comes out.

No comments: