Saturday, February 14, 2004

Hello world!!!!

Hello world! It’s me! Yep, I’m full time today. Whoo hoo!!!

Actually, I went in to work this morning for a few more hours, just to finish up a few last things. I kinda went in androgenous mode, by simply wearing a big poofy ponytail with baggy women’s jeans, a red Old Navy T-shirt, and my purple zip-up fleece jacket. I didn’t see anyone at work the entire time, but I wasn’t really worried about it anyway.

After that, I went to lunch with Michelle and Brooke down in the South Bay, then cruised back home to take a nap. I set the alarm to go off at 5:45pm, but I forgot to turn the alarm on. Doh! Well, I woke up at 6:30, then called Claire to tell her I was running way behind. I put on a little more “going out” makeup, then picked up Marina on the way to Claire’s. We were initially going to get some pizza, but I talked Claire into Thai food since I was still extremely stuffed from the burrito at lunch. Plus, I think I might grab a personal pizza tomorrow night...artichoke hearts and garlic on one side, with pepperoni and onion on the other. They’re just my favorites. Anyway, getting pizza is on my list of things to do before surgery this coming week. I also want to get up early to watch the sun rise from the local hills, and I also want to see the sun set over the Pacific Ocean. Hmm...what else before surgery. Oh yeah, I’d really like to talk to my sister before, but I don’t know if she will call or not. It’d be nice to hear her voice before I go under...just in case something happens to me. I want her to know that I still love her.

So, after the Thai food we went dancing at The Cherry Bar. It’s a lesbian bar, but there are still a few guys there. Claire figured she’d at least go with me just to make me happy. That was only the second time I’ve been there, but I don’t go there for the women...I just like going there because there isn’t any pressure of men staring at you in some weird lustful manner. I had a total blast on the dance floor, and with the great music they played, I had one of the best times ever. Marina even requested an Outkast song for me, and I had the greatest time dancing my ass off to it. Every once in a while, Claire and Marina would make it out to dance with me. :P I don’t know if it was just knowing that I don’t ever have to go back to doing the guy thing again or what, but I had just this overall happy feeling tonite. I was me. I felt wonderful.

OK, well, it’s actually early into Sunday morning, so I am headed to bed.

Good night world. See ya tomorrow.

No comments: