Thursday, February 05, 2004

Pain

Last night I was playing with Boobers and I caught my finger in a really weird way. It didn’t hurt last night, but during the night, it started hurting pretty good. I woke up this morning having trouble moving my fourth finger on my left hand, and the knuckle is still swollen tonite, but it is feeling a little better.

Pain.

I set up another meeting with HR this morning. I get in there right at 8am and she says that the company won’t send out a letter to everyone on campus since it would be a personal letter, and they have a policy against that.

OK, jeez, this is a little bigger than Mr. Johnson divorcing Mrs. Johnson. My transition, although personal, is still going to affect a lot of people. Luckily, she said they would send out a letter to a list of people that I work with. I mentioned the bathroom issue again, along with the need to inform people, more efficiently via email. Hmmm...she pondered this. She wanted to send out the main letter to the company, but Communications was saying no. We’ll see what she says tomorrow when the main letter is supposed to go out.

Pain.

This afternoon, my boss suggested doing a little off-site activity between me, him, and Robi. Unfortunately, right when we were supposed to head out, we received a phone call about problems with some of our products. Great. So, that cancelled our activity and I spent a few hours trying to figure out the problem, along with figuring out how our QC measures didn’t catch the issue. Tomorrow, I'll hopefully resolve the issue, or find that we have a whole new problem. Fun.

Pain....sorta.

Since today was the day before the company letter announcement of some sort, I decided to disclose to Coworker Mark. I thought about really playing with his mind, but I just wrote out a little letter. I also wrote “The answer to where I am going” on it, then gave it to him as he was headed home. I told him to read it later. About 10 minutes later, my phone rings. It’s Mark. He asks if I am pulling his leg. Nope. So, he then says that he has no problem with my transition if that’s what I need to do. He then apologized for all of the comments he’s made in the past. I told him not to worry about it...that I kinda looked forward to them.

Pain...definitely.

I went to give blood tonite for the regular lab check-up. I used to have these huge veins that popped out of my arm, but I’ve noticed with the hormones that they don’t stand out as much as they used to. Anyway, she slides the needle into my left arm, but way off the usual mark. She rummages around, jabbing it back and forth, in and out...and not much blood. She tries to fill the second tube, and takes it a little too deep.

“OUCH!” I exclaim.

“Oh, did that hurt?”

“Uh, Y E A H!”

So, she pulls out the needle and says we need to try the other arm. Great. So, she digs into the right arm and seems way off on location again. She had to fight with the depth of the needle a little, but finally got enough blood. I’m going to be bruised tomorrow in at least one arm.

What a pain in the arse.

No comments: