Friday, February 13, 2004

Good-bye

Uuuggghhhh.

I staggered out of work tonite just after 11pm, right when Claire called me. I still have some more work to finish up before I am out for FFS, so I’ll be heading back in tomorrow morning...but not in boy mode. I figure I’ll do an androgenous mode of some sort. Today is my last day as a guy...period. Tomorrow I am me.

I talked to Claire as I garnished some cash at the ATM, bought some milk and cereal at the grocery store, then found dinner at a Burger King about to close. Double cheeseburger. Yum. OK, yeah, it’s comfort food for putting in some crazy hours at work lately. The past three days I’ve put in 38 hours, which is way more than I’ve worked in three days in quite a while, and not something you really want to do with major surgery approaching. Hopefully, though, we resolved all of the major issues that popped up this week.

Claire laughed at me as I left my ATM cash in my car while buying the milk and cereal, then dealt with me switching back and forth from sorta female voice to male voice when I was going through the drive-thru. I think she even called me a dork in there a few times.

I had a ton of calls on my mobile phone today with people either saying good bye, or those asking how I was doing as I approached surgery. I imagine my phone bill will probably be high with so many calls not in my free minutes time. Oh well, I’d rather hear my friend’s voice than worry about money.

Ok, bed time.

T-Minus Day 1.

Good bye boy-dom. Hello me.

No comments: