Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Three fortunes, one future.

I haven’t been feeling the best the past few days with some sort of cold messing with my throat and sinuses. So, for lunch today, I prodded Robi to get some Chinese so I could eat some soothing Hot and Sour Soup. I love the stuff normally, but find it blows Chicken Noodle out of the water when it comes down to tackling a cold.

We picked up some makeup for her at one of the counters, while on the way over there she recommended trying Prescriptive. I have a ton of MAC stuff, but I’m still not that impressed with their foundation. I need one that can cover the darkness in my upper lip but still not cake up. I doubt anyone really makes such an item.

Anyway, I chowed down on the soup and felt much better. I also ate some of the spicy chicken entrees I ordered. Going for the fortune cookie, I found three fortunes hidden inside, which I always find kinda amusing to read:

1. An unexpected windfall will soon be yours. Does that mean that FFS turns out great?

2. A friend will be important to you and your forthcoming success. Do Mom’s count?

3. Be careful not to overspend. Ouch, well now they tell me after I pay Dr. O the down payment. Actually, I don’t mind investing in the rest of my life...as long as it turns out decent.


On the drive back to the office, we started talking about glitter. I told her about the hairspray I used for the Cotillion that had glitter in it, and that I tried it on my arms as well, just to get the glittery look under the lights. Robi turns to me and says, “I didn’t even know they had hair spray with glitter in it.”

I had dinner with KateW from GP and the rest of the usual suspects. Another visitor, another dinner date. We ate some tapas at a little restaurant on the northern side of San Francisco. It was KateW, Brooke who rode up with me, Tyler, Claire, “JoanB”, and myself. Amy wasn’t able to make it due to some school work. I don't think I'm that big on tapas....not enough food, plus it's too damn expensive.

No comments: