Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Coworker Mark’s conversation corner

I think this guy is really vying for attention. Today’s discussion begins with a prologue. Mark is totally hooked on late night TV. The guy lives for late night reality shows or dating shows. I think he is a little bored in his married life with 2.3 kids. He tries to live vicariously through others. That’s my interpretation of the guy.

Anyway, Mark is telling me about the Daily Show on Comedy Central last night. He talks about an interview with a Governor in West Virginia who wants to put up a wall around that state, or something, and how someone couldn’t run for Governor because they were effeminant. With those words, I just knew he was going to give some crap to me later.

About an hour later, Mark stops by my cube again and, as usual, makes a hair comment. “Oh, you put the second band back on?” I responded with “Ahhhh...the daily comment.” At first he denied it with “Nah...” but changed his tone with “....uh....yeah. I’m just giving you Schmidt” although he actually didn’t say Schmidt, but that’s all I’m really allowed to write on here because it’s AOL and someone might get pissed by reading the really bad words. I told him I was going to start wearing colored ponytail bands soon, just for him. He said he’d bring his daughter’s pink ones in for me, but that I wouldn’t be able to run for Governor of West Virginia then. I asked him what he meant by that, but he had already started up another conversation with a passerby.

No comments: