Monday, August 04, 2003

Will Mark have his own little section in here?

My coworker Mark has now turned his weekly comments into almost daily comments. I think he’s just pushing for more web space. Last week he sneaks up on me in my cube and pretends to cut off my ponytail. Then he says “You should get your hair cut and go back to being a man.” OK, these “Holy Shit” feelings have got to stop. After the brief panic, I just started laughing. Mark, Mark, Mark..what will we do with you?

The following day, he stops by and makes a comment that I don’t have the lower ponytail ring in my hair. I told him it didn’t look too good that way. Then he says I have Loverboy hair. Who the hell is that? OK, so I’m not an 80’s pop fan, sue me. After further discussion about my hair, I asked him if he was ok with it the way it was. He said “I’m OK with whatever, as long as you are OK with yourself.” Hmmm...does he know?

In further comments from coworkers, last week I was talking with some friends before a meeting got started. Somehow we got on the subject of me being in Paris at 45 and living as a painter. My coworker laughs at how I always like to draw on the whiteboard. So, I ask him why “45 in Paris.” He says something to do with a midlife crisis. I laughed, “Huh, I’ve already had several of those!” He responds with “Why?” OK, now how am I supposed to answer that? Another coworker chimes in, “Go for a run and figure out who you are.” I ended the conversation with “I already did.”

Another coworker and I were in a conversation about a vendor. She said I wasn’t harsh enough with them and that I should get them to dislike me since I’m not strict enough with them. I told her “Next year.” To finish up our conversation, she’s always telling me that I have no vices, and brings it up again. This time she tells me that I need to destroy my liver. I guess she doesn’t know about the hormones and my Oreo Cookie Shake cravings, huh?

No comments: