Thursday, August 07, 2003

Money, money, money...take 2.

I stopped by my bank yesterday to see what type of personal loans they have. I’d like to have Dr. O work some type of voodoo on the face early next year coupled with me going full time. So, I’m talking to some guy named Carlos at my bank and he mentions that the interest rate on a personal loan is 9.9%. :O Huh? 9.9%? WTF? I can get a better interest rate on the back of a cereal box. OK, so give me a good term. “36...months” Double WTF! Three years to pay back some $30-40,000 for FFS. That’s whacked!

So, today, I have a banker guy IM’ing me. He likes Tgirls. Hey, I’m not one to judge, but I severely doubt I will ever end up with any of these guys that likes me because I have a penis. I told him about my fun conversation with Carlos and that I thought about borrowing from my 401k, if they’ll let me. He says not to do that, and instead sends me a list of sites to check about financing transition related surgeries. If I find anything good, I’ll post them.

Speaking of money, I got a raise last week. It was company wide. Unfortunately, it was not as high as I was hoping for. I am, however, glad to receive any raise at all, especially when I am quite thankful that I still have a job. I hope I’ll still have one once I am out. I received half a percentage point below the average raise. Perhaps I should break my story down a little more. My boss left last year. His boss left a few months later. So, now I am under my old boss’ boss’ boss. That’s kinda bossy. My coworker was made the supervisor of our group, mainly because he had been there the longest, but our little group is thrown in with all these other groups who are totally different from what we do since we actually make money. This other group just released a new product though, that will hopefully make a lot of money for the company and make my stock options actually worth something. So, anyway, this other group ends up with a higher raise. I guess their higher raise had to come from somewhere.

So, I sent an email to my HR contact this week about the signing of the anti discrimination bill that the California government passed. I told her it becomes effective on January 1, 2004 and that I’d like to do a face-to-face on January 2, if she is available. They sound like they are finally starting to come around to all of this...slowly.

No comments: