Thursday, May 20, 2004

Athletic Performance

Yesterday morning, Blonde Rachel calls me up to see if I am interested in doing an interview with NBC Channel 11. They called her, but she’s just started dating this guy and doesn’t really want to risk outing herself at this point. Anyway, the subject of the interview concerned the International Olympics Committee decision to allow transsexuals to compete as their new gender following SRS and two years of HRT.

So, Christien Kafton calls me up and we set up an interview around the lunch hour. I was able to talk them into filming slightly off our work campus so as not to garnish a large amount of attention, but with a TV van in the central campus on the lunch hour, plenty of people still saw it. Anyway, Christien was quite the gentleman, as well as quite handsome. We had a good little interview where we talked about what hormones do over time, my decrease in athletic performance because of the hormone's effects, and how this gives everyone the chance to reach for their dreams. He compared it to the same equality of gay marriages. Luckily for us, though, the IOC is a little more understanding than the rest of the homophobic religiously-influenced US of A.

After we wrapped up the interview he told me it would be on at 6pm. So, yeah, I taped it later that evening. I was on for about 5-10 seconds as I told him how my performances have gotten worse since being on HRT. He also had some female joggers discussing their opinions…some for, some against. I can see their point, but with enough scientific evidence, one can see just how even the playing field is. The only problem I see is with MTF’s that are super tall. I have no idea how the IOC is going to handle that one.

No comments: