Monday, May 24, 2004

To be or not to be

This past weekend was kind of a blur…2 hours of genital electro, comfort food, put my door back together, took a nap, then drove into the city to party with Delilah, Brandon, Sam, and a few other people. We had an awesome dinner at AsiaSF, then danced downstairs after the girls finished strutting their stuff along the bar upstairs. They have some incredible T waitresses there, most of which could move away from SF and totally disappear into the woodwork. Some of them could almost be models.

In an IM tonite, I was talking with another T about the “pill question.” I have asked several friends if they would take a pill that took away the GID and made them normal guys. Many T’s say no, but there are some that will truthfully answer that they would consider taking it just so that they could live a normal life even knowing that the person they become might not be the person that they currently are. I, myself, would seriously have considered taking such a pill before FFS, but since no such pill exists, I didn’t. If however, there were a pill that made you a genetic girl, I would have taken it long ago. In my discussion with the other T, though, I realized that I wouldn’t know if I would be the same person if I became a genetic girl or not. How could I be so blind to willingly debate getting rid of the GID and being a man, yet foolishly rush into being a GG who may or may not still be me. What makes one choice make me know I wouldn’t be me, and the other I would be? Anyway, it’s not something I can fully answer at this time, but the best answer I can think of is that inside I know I am a girl, and would do anything to fix the outside.

I read an email today from Chris Daley at the Transgender Law Center who said that Gwen Araujo’s mom, Sylvia Guerrero, has petitioned the state to change her transgender daughter’s name from Eddie to Gwen. She’s due to see the California Supreme Court Tuesday afternoon. Ugghhh…perhaps this will finally get the news anchors to start calling her Gwen.

No comments: