Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Back at Work After FFS

Well, I was back at work today. I stopped by my HR rep’s desk first and had a quick meeting with her. She said I had free range of the bathrooms and that if I had any problems, I should give her a call. I gave the doctor’s release to the guy who handles benefits (who’s been excellent with handling my transition and short term disability benefits at work), then I was off to my cubicle. G was the first to say hi, especially since he sits across the cubicle aisle from me. Other than that, there were only a few comments all day long. Little waves, to one who said she didn’t even recognize me and that I looked great, to Pete who just kinda smiles and says he’s still basically in awe.

Basically, the whole experience was very nonchalant. The only one who used “him” all day long was my HR rep, believe it or not. Even one of my vendors was already using “Kara.” I kept mainly to the single stall unisex bathrooms they converted due to my transition, but did go in the regular women’s bathroom before I left on my way to an offsite problem. I figure I’ll give the women in the company a little time to get used to me being around, just so I don’t scare or meet any of them for the first time in the bathroom.

I made it through emails dated February 25th, but I also dealt with a few other problems that either remained from before, or were new on the docket. Wow, I have so much work to do, I seriously have enough to keep me busy until the end of July...and that’s if nothing new came up. Anyway, that was about it...just another day at work. I was tired tired tired by about 3pm. I just wasn’t used to staying up and about for that long, plus it hurt mentally since I really haven’t had any stress for the past 3.5 weeks..except going through FFS, which really wasn’t that hard...except that recovery is so annoyingly long.

No comments: