Sunday, March 21, 2004

Can you hear me now?

Claire, Rachel, and I met the visiting Ali and her boyfriend over at the Cocoon House, then went to lunch in the Castro. After hearing Ali tell us that there was a blue-haired woman visiting one of the recovering women at the Cocoon House, we went back to visit the most likely blue-haired person that would be there - Rach. We visited for a while with the 2 visitors upstairs, then went to the unit down below to find Rach, Debbie, and her fiancĂ© Chris. And, of course, we stopped by to say hi to Tricia and Mary-Lou again. They don’t often get to see visitors much beyond 1-2 weeks, so seeing us allows them to see how recovery goes after that.

Tonite on King of the Hill, Peggy was an artist who had a showing at a gallery, but the owner said her stuff wasn’t selling. He said it might help if she was "insane." Hank said, “no way.” As Hank was leaving, the owner says something else to make her more “unique,” then finished with “transgender?” thus implying that if she were transgender, her artwork might be worth something. Can you remember when TV satirized that an interior designer wasn’t worth anything unless they were gay (well, that’s what I remember from watching Cheers in the 80’s when Norm tried pretending to be gay to get more business)? I guess TV is trying to find subjects that are more novel than being gay, as being gay becomes more acceptable.

I paid my phone bill the other day. Usually, it runs around $40, sometimes more if I use a large number of minutes outside of my free time. This time, however, the bill was $241. Yowch! I knew it was going to be high with all of the calls this past month, but that’s a bit higher than what I was expecting. Perhaps I need to look at a new plan.

Last week at the monthly young-T support group meeting, we got on the subject of breast augmentations. I told the group that I wasn’t worried about it at this time, and that I would assess my development no less than six months following SRS. I’d like to give them the chance to develop on their own. One of my female coworkers stopped by to see the new me for the first time this past week, though, and at one time said I needed bigger boobs. She said that I should pad. I told her I don’t mind having small boobs. Also, I play sports with some of the guys from work, and I’d hate to have the disparity of my “sports boobs” versus my “work boobs.” So, I figure I’ll just keep the boob presentation at the same consistent size. Right now, I’m probably at a nice A with my year and a half of hormones. Yeah, that’s not too big for my size and build, but I do have them. Who knows if they will grow more or not.

I was thinking, though, wow, it would be cool to have at least B-cup breasts. They’d fit my body size a lot better, definitely help alleviate more of the GID, and, well, be an eye catcher. But, after reading a posting on GP about a pre-op girl getting in some very precarious positions, I think it would be best not to get the boobs, if I decide to, until after I’m post-op. I figure not having the bigger boobs will keep me out of most trouble, initiated by myself or anyone else, for quite a while.

Uuuugggghhhh...my nose itches. The bad part is, I can’t even itch it. It itches right at the base of the nose at the septum, but inside, which I assume means that nerves are reconnecting and, thus, healing. I can only scratch the outside...very softly. ggggrrrrr!

No comments: