Thursday, March 11, 2004

Day Two Back at Work

With all of the talking I did on my first day of work yesterday, the voice this morning just wasn’t coming up that good. A few people that called yesterday and left messages also indicated that I hadn’t changed the message on my voicemail, so I decided to throw one up on it pretty fast. It didn’t sound so good, but as Pete overheard as he walked in to our meeting room, I simply stated, “Oh, fuck it! Good enough!” He laughed.

As I predicted, my 401k company sent me a packet of pay stubs in the mail saying that I missed a payment. I wasn’t sure exactly what they wanted me to do with them, so I called them this morning. Now, as I just mentioned, the voice just wasn’t doing that well, but I tried my best when one of the operators came on. I explained my situation, and somewhere in our conversation I noticed she called me “Miss.” Oh yeah...that made my day. Anyway, she said I should just send in one payment to make up for the one that didn’t get pulled out of my pay, and the regular ones should pick back up again.

I also called Mira to take care of some short term disability stuff for the company that provides insurance to my company. We also talked about the measurements of what Dr. O cut or ground off of me, which she says he will provide in my 3 month checkup. Other than that, we talked briefly about how I will be breaking up the payments for my tax returns. Yeah, I still have to do my taxes. I have never waited this long to do them, so I guess I am pretty bad this year.

Once I got home tonite, I found a check from the state for the other part of my short term disability. It’s wild, the state is so far ahead of a private company on providing benefits. I guess that’s just one area where they excel. And they even made it easy to add more days to the time I was out. It’s simply amazing how different the two benefit services have responded.

Day 2 at work was pretty decent, and I was able to make it through the day a lot better than yesterday. I had two gay guys (well, I think they are gay) stop by to say they were happy for me, a few friends that said hello again, and a few people who I’ve never really talked to before say that they were glad to see me back.

No comments: